I am delighted to announce that I will be exhibiting my photographic artwork at the Cumbria Photography Show at the Rheged Centre on the weekend of 14th and 15th May. The show will be open from 10am-4pm on both Saturday and Sunday. Below are some further details about the event:
In association with Rod Ireland Photography and the Penrith and District Camera Club
Are you an enthusiastic photographer looking for new ideas and inspiration or wanting to learn more about how to get the best out of your camera? Are you looking for new equipment, accessories or even ideas of where to go on your next photography holiday? Rheged have teamed up with respected Cumbrian photographer Rod Ireland, Penrith and District Camera Club and leading photography brands to create a weekend dedicated to all things photography, inspiring both experienced professional photographers and enthusiasts just starting out. The event is a must for anyone with a passion for photography and is a valuable networking opportunity within this industry.
There is a small admission charge to the show which includes entry to the majority of talks and demos: The show will include;
- A film programme in the IMAX cinema throughout the weekend which combines documentaries about famous photographers with films chosen for their stunning cinematography, including the first opportunity to see Terry Abraham’s new film ‘Life of a Mountain: Blencathra’ “A year in the life of the people’s mountain”
- A series of inspiring talks and demonstrations in the lecture theatre. Details to be confirmed, please check back shortly.
- Exhibitors covering everything from equipment, clothing and accessories to photography courses and holidays.
- An exhibition area curated by some of Cumbria’s Camera Clubs with examples of the members work, as well as a camera clinic where there will be advice on how to get more from your camera.
- A last chance to see Ian Lawson’s Harris Tweed: From the Land photography exhibition in the Gallery at Rheged. Free entry.